If using any of the cleaning products triggers allergies in you, then you cannot follow the regular cleaning regime! Most cleaning products these days are laden with chemicals that can trigger allergic reactions, making it challenging for you to keep your home spick and span.
There is a list of common materials that are real culprits behind causing allergies such as formaldehyde, SLS (sodium lauryl sulphate), ammonia, d-limonene and much more. The best way to stay away from these reactions is by using natural products that are free from these harsh chemicals.
Effly being a dependable cleaning company in Melbourne, is here with cleaning advice you should know to protect yourself and your family from reactions. No matter if you are prone to allergies or someone living with you is following this guide is essential.
Best Cleaning Tools You Should Use
Cleaning starts with having the right cleaning equipment and tools. You can invest in some quality tools that can help you clean your home better while making it free from allergens.
Using microfiber mops and cloths will be a better decision than using the regular cleaning cloth, as microfiber catches more dirt and dust. Moreover, it lasts longer, and you can purchase a set of cleaning clothes at reasonable rates.
A Pro Tip: Before using a microfiber for cleaning, dampen the cloth, and it will act as a dust-eliminator.
Protective gloves and mask
If you are prone to allergies caused by dust, then wearing proper gear is a must. Use disposable masks and gloves, so you don’t inhale the dust while cleaning.
Vacuum with UV
You will find vacuum cleaners with a UV light that are suitable to kill dust mites and allergens. Also, it will help you in cleaning the upholstery and other such items you cannot wash. Buying a powerful vac with a UV filter can be a little too expensive for your pocket, so the best thing to do is hiring professional cleaners with Effly.
We have the best industrial powerful vacuum cleaners that can clean dust mites and other such allergy-causing elements from your home. Here are some benefits of hiring professional house cleaning services in Melbourne..
Look for natural detergents that are free from harmful dyes and artificial scent. Go for something that has around 80% natural composition with a gentle fragrance.
Some Cleaning Tips to Incorporate in Your Cleaning Schedule
So you have got the right tools required to minimize the allergens in your house? Excellent, now you are just a few tips away to make your home clean. Check these cleaning tips every allergy sufferer should know.
For the ease of cleaning, we have classified the tips based on different sections of a house, so you can quickly make a checklist of what to do, and where to start.
- Clean the refrigerator regularly and make sure that you don’t have any rotten eatables stocked up in the fridge. Mould can find its way through the rotten items making other items unfit to consume.
- Right after you are done with the cleaning, take a microfiber cloth and wipe the countertop. The dust can settle down on the wet countertop, making it look dirty.
- Rinse the dishes and use a dishwasher to clean them. Never let the dishes stockpile in the sink as it can attract rodents such as cockroaches that can cause various allergies.
- Once in a month, clan all the drawers and cabinets in the kitchen. Furthermore, look for any cobwebs, and check if there is any foul smell coming from any space.
- Mould and mildew can trigger multiple allergies so you should keep them at bay. Your bathrooms are prone to mould because of the moisture. Use cleaners that have traces of hydrogen peroxide and chlorine bleach as these are suitable for cleaning the mould.
- If you see mildew formation taking place in the bathroom, then prepare a cleaning solution and get your cleaning gloves. To prepare the solution mix bleach and water depending on how many areas you want to clean. Clean the mildew using a soft steel brush without damaging the tiles and the floor.
- Don’t hang and leave your wet towels as mildew formation can take place due to the moisture. Dry your towels in an open area, so the air strikes the fabric and dries it quickly.
- Once in a month, clean the cabinets, drawer, soap dish, and shower caddy. Also, make sure to clean the showerhead as minerals deposited in it can also cause allergies. Follow this guide to clean the showerhead.
- The bed linens, blankets, and pillowcases can be a house to the allergens if not cleaned regularly. Consider washing the beddings by soaking them in lukewarm water, since it is ideal for exterminating bacteria. Don’t soak the beddings in open if you are allergic to pollen.
- Pay some attention to the closet and clean it once every two weeks. When the clothes you are wearing have dust and dirt in them, it’s evident that you will suffer allergies.
- Vacuum the carpets, and clean all the mess such as the pet hair that keeps lingering in the entire house.
- The living area deserves special attention since you spend most of your day in it. Clean the rigs and carpets to remove the dust and pet hair.
- Vacuum the upholstery, sofa, and other such items you cannot wash.
- Wipe the tabletops, furniture, and artifacts using a microfiber cloth.
- Clean the appliances like TV, and speakers with extra care to remove the dust deposited on them.
Cleaning the living area can be a real challenge as there are many things to clean. So why not hire someone who can make it immaculate? Let Effly do the job for you! Book our professional cleaners and sit back and relax while we clean the entire house for you.
- The humidity and temperature in the house can be a reason behind the development of dust mites and moulds. Consider hiring cleaners that can clean the inside of the vents where moulds love to thrive.
- Wash the beddings of your pets as they carry a lot of dust, allergens and pollen so you shouldn’t miss this spot.
- Declutter your home, and get rid of items you don’t use and are just catching dust while occupying space in the house.
With this cleaning guide, you can make your home pristine and clean without triggering any allergies. The best way to get a house cleaned is by hiring professional cleaners as these guys have better tricks and tools to clean your property.
At Effly, we offer domestic cleaning services, and you can get a customized cleaning package with us. Click on the Contact Us button, and we will clean your house at reasonable rates, so you don’t have to step in a tussle with dust mites, and allergens.